Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When Life Gives you Mudpuddles...


...you make a big splash!

As is typical of this time of year, the weather here has been miserable lately. I have always found early spring to be very difficult. Winter cabin fever only gives way to spring cabin fever. Slush, snow, ice, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and a combination of all of these (which the meteorologists call "a wintery mix," but I call it "Ohio nasty sludge from the sky") are included in our weekly forcasts. We don't get flowers, we don't get sunshine.So on Monday when the temperature reached 60 degrees, I said to Jonah "Let's go outside!" Nevermind that it's pouring rain, we needed fresh air.

I was unsure how Jonah would react to the pouring rain, but he loved it! We talked about what we wear in rainy weather- a raincoat, a hood, rainboots, an umbrella. He wouldn't wear his rain coat, I think because it made funny sounds and is very stiff.But once we took that off of him, he was splashing and running through puddles, catching raindrops on his tongue, and enjoying the feeling of raindrops on his head.

It was some of the most fun we've had in a long time! And I'm glad that we enjoyed what we could of the warm weather, because of course the next day it was below freezing with flurries again. Forget "waiting for spring" I'm holding out for summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment