Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trimmed in Tutus

I love pictures of babies in tutus. Depending on how the picture is set up, they can make babies look soft and sophisticated, or spunky and full of character. I decided a long time ago that Eve would be wearing a tutu on her birthday. When I heard that my friend and former co-worker had opened up a business called Tessa's Tutus, I knew just where I was going to get it from!


Tessa's Tutus is a mommy run, out of home business that, like several of the other businesses that I review, was inspired by her own child. Several styles and options are available, and if you don't see exactly what you need, it is very easy to customize your order. I had already bought the "Birthday Girl" shirt, and I knew that I wanted the tutu to match. I contacted the owner, sent her a picture of the shirt, and roughly described what I wanted. I was very impressed with all of the options for customizing. Not only are there several colors to choose from, but also several different kinds of embellishments such as ribbons and flowers. I was emailed back shortly with a couple of choices. I really appreciated that she took the time to make sure that she knew what I wanted.

When the tutu arrived and we opened the box, I was very excited to see that it was just what I had wanted it to look like. I have ordered tutus from several vendors on etsy, and bought them from department stores and boutiques. This tutu blew the others out of the water. I was very impressed by the fluffyness of it. I can't tell you how many times I've bought a tutu from someone who claims that their tutus have a lot of fluff, only to be disappointed by a flat and thin tutu. Tessa's Tutus need very little primping and fluffing to achieve that full bodied skirt look. I was also very pleased with the way that the ribbons were incorporated into the tulle. They matched the lettering on the shirt very nicely, and gave the tutu just the right amount of character and texture without being too over the top. When I first placed the order, I was afraid that it would turn out gawdy and the multicolored ribbons would just be too much. But I was very pleased with the way that all of the components were incorporated.

The Diva will certainly be dressed like a princess on her big day. Thank you to Tessa's Tutus for helping us to pamper our little angel.
 
**Obligatory disclaimer of transparency: The tutu that was reviewed in this blog post was paid for in full. I do have a prior affiliation with the owner of Tessa's Tutus, but only in that we were coworkers at a nursery school several years ago**

No comments:

Post a Comment