Saturday, May 15, 2010

Don't Trust a Toddler When you Find Him Sitting in the Dark

It was about 6:30pm, and I was relaxing with my family in the living room. I was tired, and assumed that Daryl, or one of the other four adults in the room, was keeping track of Jonah. I closed my eyes for a few moments, when my mother-in-law piped up "Where is Jonah?"

I found him sitting alone, in the dark, in the bathroom. Strange, but he was just sitting there so no harm done (or so we thought.) We went about the rest of our evening, put Jonah to bed, and I started the diaper laundry. I like to use the upstairs bathroom after Jonah goes to bed, because the bathroom in our apartment is right next to his room, so it sometimes wakes him up. It was 11:00 at night when I journeyed up to the bathroom with a full pregnant bladder, turned on the lights, and was faced with this:Let me help you tally the objects in this toilet, because it's kind of hard to tell from the picture. There is a basketball, a sock that had previously been missing that day, and the knob to a thermostat. Yes, you read that last item correctly. Your guess is as good as mine!

Oh boy, toddlerhood is proving to be some fuuunnnnn times!

No comments:

Post a Comment